About Us: Calamity Rose Ranch is not your average mental health clinic. We’re a sanctuary of hope, where patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our unique approach integrates traditional therapeutic techniques with the profound healing potential of animal-assisted interventions. Here, you won’t just be a therapist; you’ll be a guardian of well-being, a guide to self-discovery, and a companion on the path to healing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To support and enhance the learning and development of all Calamity Rose Ranch Patients through promoting wellness & resiliency and fostering a vibrant, inclusive outpatient mental health agency.
• Therapist and or Clinical Social Worker provide services to patients on a wide range of personal and academic issues including but not limited to trauma, anxiety, depression, eating disordered behaviors, racial & sexual identity development, interpersonal relations, microaggressions, educational & career goals, interpersonal violence social/behavior adjustment and couple/family relations.
• Therapist and or Clinical Social Worker responsibilities include providing multiculturally-informed administered standardized assessments, crisis intervention on an outpatient basis.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s Degree in Counselor Education, Social Work, Counseling, or related field; independent licensure in professional discipline in the State of IOWA (or demonstrate eligibility for independent licensure in IOWA if licensed in another state) upon hire.
• Possess at least one year of full-time or equivalent experience in a college counseling center.
• Staff Therapist and or Clinical Social Worker serve on on-call rotation, requiring them to live within a 30-minute radius of campus.
• Significant clinical experience and excellence in clinical skills and crisis intervention; previous experience with working in an outpatient mental health agency, or related • Strong knowledge base regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion issues; excellent human relations skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; sustained engagement & dedication to professional development & continuing education.
• Proven ability to design and deliver programs/outreach services that focus on the mental health needs and barriers to care for patients from historically under-served populations.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, meeting the needs of various campus constituencies.
• Acknowledge and comply with all departmental, safety, and state requirements.
• Strong professional ethics and discretion with an attitude of respect for all employed at Calamity Rose Ranch .
• Commitment to Calamity Rose Ranch ‘s mission, vision and values and demonstrated ability to create and sustain an organizational climate based on inclusion, social justice, and equity.
Pay / Benefits:
At Calamity Rose Ranch employees are general contractors with a pay split which has some pros and cons.
- Pay is based on a percentage of billables that is negotiated at hire.
- Unlimited Time Off: Given our structure, we do not limit the amount of time off you can take.
- Personalized Patient load: Again our structure allows you to take as many or as few patients as you want.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address to: